Thursday, May 3, 2012

Individualism Article

Individualism: A Personality Disorder

I came across this article on individualism recently and it caught my eye. Since most of my generation were children we've been told to be ourselves and be whoever we want to be. With the idea of being whoever I want to be getting put into my brain at such an early age, I was a little surprised to read in the article that being an individual is a pretty recent idea in human history. According to this article, argument continues on whether or not being an individual is beneficial or a liability in personality development. I believe that being an individual is slightly less important at younger ages because its important to try different things to see what you favor. Eventually however, one must be able to break away from some of the larger influences effecting their actions in order to become themselves with their own likes and dislikes of activities or mindsets.


-Chris M.

No comments:

Post a Comment