Saturday, April 14, 2012

Those That Hide

It's always been difficult for me to find the ability to trust a person. As someone who has grown up playing video games and living in a moderately sketchy and unsafe neighborhood I've learned to always expect deception from people. It usually takes months or even years for me to feel comfortable around a person or group of people. It's hard to tell whether they are really being themselves or are just putting on a mask to fit in with a group of people or to hide how ugly they really are inside.
A friend of mine told me a story recently about someone who he at met a party who seemed to be pretty cool. They start to hang out occasionally for the next few weeks and became fast friends. In that time my friend had been noticing things missing around his dorm room. It was small things at first like coins but eventually things like his CD's and other objects started going missing. Turns out the guy my friend met was stealing his stuff, and was caught in the act while trying to take my friend's iPod. Justice was served in the form of a very intense beating and needless to say they don't hang out any more. It's pretty disgusting how this guy tricked my friend but I was not surprised at all, its just the way I've always seen people. Until there's been a sufficient amount of time to know them, you can't confirm if there's not something that you have that they want.

-Chris M.

Picture: http://www.reddit.com/r/WTF/comments/s8p1g/so_i_googled_so_i_googled_so_i_googled/

No comments:

Post a Comment